Monday, March 5, 2007

Weddings

The topic of my day. I have applied for a membership to DWF and wait to see if they will except me. At the same time I received word from the States that one of my portrait clients are looking for me to shoot to shoot her sister's wedding this next summer. All signs are pointing for me to open not only my portrait studio but also get into weddings. I am really excited about the thought of it all. Richard and I have been talking about the remodeling that will be done in the house to make all this happen.

When I stop and think about wedding I can’t help but think of my ol' friend Randy Jenkins from Chattanooga TN. August 2002 Randy took me under his wing to teach me the ropes of shooting weddings. Randy worked at a Christian College in the area and shot weddings part time.

Our first shoot together was a Bridal on a beautiful Wednesday evening. I truly enjoyed working and learn from Randy. We had a great time. Here are a few images I shot that evening.





That Saturday I woke early met up with Randy at a convent store. He grabbed a bag of M&Ms and a diet coke (Randy said the diet coke took away calories from the M&M so it was a balanced breakfast) he did this before every wedding. We spent most of the day shooting the wedding finally about 5 pm we head home. He was talking about how much he missed his wife who was out of town, and what he was going to do with his teenage son the rest of the weekend. Randy and his son went to the movie that night where Randy had a heart attack was in ICU for two weeks until he past.

I still stop and wonder why God had me spend Randy’s last living day with him. Why me?

I miss Randy not only was he a great photographer but he was a great man, husband and father. In some way when I rebuild my studio I know Randy will be there helping out on the wedding side of it all. Thank you Mr. Jenkins for all you have given me, I could only hope I can find another mentor as grand as you.

I leave you with an image of Randy driving the bride.