Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Leprechaun gone bad?

I am digging through my files of my images from last year. Withal the travel and the move back to the States in 2007 I did not work many of my images. These are images from St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin Ireland.

I was told that I must do the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Once, I would most likely never want to do it again, but I must experience it once. So I did I packed up my oldest boy three hours early to go pick our spot. To say I have never experienced an event like it before would be an understatement. The people were rude down right mean when it came to moving close to the barriers. They would send their children crawling over and between people’s feet , all the while the wee lads would push, jump and lean on our legs. With being on our feet in one spot for five hours, by the end the little lads we not so cute, just typically Irish. The parade itself was wonderful the costumes were unbelievable full of color, creative and works of art in themselves.

No it is no a leprechaun gone bad, just your Irishman dressed in the parade.






Children who made their way to the barrier.






Just down the street from my house was a local pub with a papier-mâché St. Patrick attached to the front. He was a delight to see for the week.




No comments: